This course contains 2 videos, adding up to over 40 minutes of content.
It covers various subjects such as the symbolism behind the Tovshuur as well as more general information about the instrument, the different kind of khadag, their ancient form as well as how to use them to greet someone.
It also includes a glossary for the Mongol words used in the videos, as well as extra information, links and pictures to help you understand the course better and in a wider manner.
What you will learn
- The presentation of the Tovshuur.
- The symbolism behind the Tovshuur.
- The traditional playing of the Tovshuur.
- The purpose of the Tovshuur.
- Some additional information about the Tuuli, or Mongol epic.
- Information about the offering spoon used by the Mongols.
- The meaning of the 5 colours of the khadag.
- How to use the khadag to greet people.
- The original form of the Mongol khadag.
- The reason behind having a khadag on a Morin Khuur or a Tovshuur.
- A tradition related to puting khadag on the mane of horses.
You will also have the opportunity to check your knowledge thought some quizzes along the way.