This course contains 4 videos, adding up to one hour of content.
It contains detailed information and demonstrations to give you all the knowledge that you will need in order to play glissando as well as its variations (gulsuulakh, shuvtrakh, and shigshikh) on the Morin Khuur. It will also give you information on how and when it is suitable to use them.
This course is the second step into the techniques used for traditional melodies such as tatlaga and urtiin duu.
What you will learn
Detailed explanation of the glissando.
- How to properly play the glissando.
- How to play the gulsuulakh -гулсуулах-.
- Meaning, connection to urtiin duu as well as use of the gulsuulakh technique.
- How to play the shuvtrakh -шувтрах-.
- Meaning, connection to urtiin duu, tatlaga and nomadic life as well as use of the shuvtrakh technique.
- How to play the shigshikh -шигших-.
- Meaning, connection to urtiin duu and nomadic life as well as use of the shigshikh technique.
- Advanced technique and master tricks to get the best result and sound of these techniques.
- Troubleshooting of the most common mistakes.
This course includes a set of various suggestions, tips and advices instead of strict practice exercises. This will give you a more personal path of exploration in order to get the right touch and feel for your playing.
Note that the videos include chapters which will allow you to replay the various exercises in order to learn at your own pace and deepen your understanding of the practice.