This course contains 4 videos, adding up to over one hour of content.
It covers three ways (traditional, mixed, modern) to hold the bow which are presented on three various bows (Ikel bow, traditional and modern Morin Khuur bows) to give you all the needed information, regardless of the type of bow that you actually use. Each holding is explained in details with various point of view to make the learning process as clear as possible.
What you will learn
Detailed explanation of three holdings on three bows, with various point of view.
- Holding the bow of an Ikel.
- Traditional holding of a traditional bow.
- Mixed holding of a traditional bow.
- Modern holding of a traditional bow.
- Traditional holding of a modern bow.
- Mixed holding of a modern bow.
- Modern holding of a modern bow.
- The 5 most common mistakes made by player of the Morin Khuur, and how to avoid them.
- Advice for the movement of the wrist.
- Advice for the position of the bow to get the optimal sound and playing comfort.
- Various tips and advices to get a better feeling with the bow.
- Practice exercise: Sequenced bow for deep understanding (with guidance and on the lower string only).
- Practice exercise: Continous bow (lower string only).
- Practice exercise: Sequenced bow for deep understanding (with guidance and on all strings).
- Practice exercise: Continous bow (all strings).
Note that the videos include chapters which will allow you to replay the various exercises in order to learn at your own pace and deepen your understanding of the practice.
Find the main page of the course here.
Also note that this course is part of our CORE KNOWLEDGE BUNDLE.
ShiroiOkami (verified owner) –
An absolute MUST for beginners. “Into the Morin Khurr” has some great basics on the bow, but this dives so much deeper, and provides excellent camera angles, exercises, and detailed breakdowns of all the different types of bows and bow holds you can use in learning. I hadn’t quiet figured out the proper technique, but after watching this, I sent a video to Steve and he said I was doing great! The detail given in this course really helped me fix some issues and provided me with some great bow exercises that I can use alone or in conjunction with the scale study from “Into the Morin Khurr.” In less than an hour, my bow technique improved dramatically. I’m excited to practice these exercises over the next few days to really lock it in, and they will be part of my warm ups from here on out! Thanks again, Steve, for another great lesson!
meisterfrown (verified owner) –
Great lessons and useful for beginners. It helped me get started in the right direction.