Episode 9 – What is Urtiin Duu, Long Song – Quizz
0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
What is the most accurate translation for Urtiin Duu?CorrectIncorrect
Which of these singing style characterize the Urtiin Duu?CorrectIncorrect
What influenced the vocal techniques of the Urtiin Duu?CorrectIncorrect
In old times, how was the Urtiin Duu mostly sung?CorrectIncorrect
Sort the different types of Urtiin Duu with the suitable definition.
- Ceremonial songs that are sung as a call toward Tengri during statehood rites, ceremonial activities and feasts of honour.
- Musical offering to the rites related to nature and daily life.
- Relate to the Mongolian Buddhism and deeply involved into the life, arts and philosophy of the Mongols.
- Represent the religious recitation, mantra chants as well as ritual songs of Mongolian Buddhism.
- Sung widely in the environment of statehood rites in Inner Mongolia.
- Have no ritual background and are forbidden to sing in any environment of rites.
Statehood Urtiin Duu:
Aizam Urtiin Duu:
Shasdir Urtiin Duu:
Gur Urtiin Duu:
Tsoor Urtiin Duu:
Taboo or Besreg Urtiin Duu:
Who initiated the perservation of the Urtiin Duu during the USSR influence period?CorrectIncorrect
According to modern classification, sort the different types of Urtiin Duu with the suitable definition.
- Seen as simple in structure and relatively short in length and does not require excessive singing skills.
- Seen as more complex in structure, can be much longer and require more skills to be sung.
Besreg Urtiin Duu:
Aizam Urtiin Duu:
When was the Urtiin Duu inscribed on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity?CorrectIncorrect