This course contains 9 videos, adding up to over one hour of content (including 40 minutes of efficient practice).
It contains detailed information and demonstrations to give you all the knowledge that you will need in order to play notes on the Morin Khuur.
This will allow you to build a strong base for your future learning as well as to get you started faster and in the right direction. It will also help you correct bad habits that you might have taken during your self taught practice.
What you will learn
Detailed explanation of the hand position as well as finger position and pressure in order to play notes.
- Finger numbering.
- First and second finger position.
- Third and fourth finger position.
- Proper angle of the fingers to get the best sound.
- Proper thumb position.
- Proper holding of the neck.
- Hand position on the neck.
- How to correctly move the hand along the neck.
- Various advice to help get the better feeling while playing.
- Some additional information about countryside way to play notes.
Each exercises are set at a BPM of 50 for better result. They also include rhythm variations (2 bows per note, 1 note per bow, 2 notes per bow, 4 notes per bow, 8 notes per bow)
- Linear Practice on the lower string at a slow BPM (50) for better result.
- Linear Practice on the higher string at a slow BPM (50) for better result.
- Back and Forth Practice on the lower string at a slow BPM (50) for better result (good for finger muscle).
- Back and Forth Practice on the higher string at a slow BPM (50) for better result (good for finger muscle).
- BONUS: Bii Scale for Tatlaga and Bii Biyelgee preparation (double string practice). You will also get suggestion to push your practice further.
You will also have the opportunity to replay the various exercises included in the lessons by using the video chapters.