Welcome to this course in which you will learn how to properly hold the bow of the Morin Khuur as well as the bow of the Ikel.
This course contains 4 videos, adding up to over one hour of content.
It covers three ways to hold the bow (traditional, mixed, modern) which are presented on three various bows (Ikel bow, traditional and modern Morin Khuur bows) to give you all the information that you will need regardless of the type of bow that you actually use. Each holding is explained in details with various point of view to make the learning process as clear as possible.
This will allow you to build a strong base for your future learning as well as to get you started faster and in the right direction. It will also help you correct bad habits that you might have taken during your self taught practice.
The practice is also divided in four different steps to help you learn at your own rhythm.
What you will learn
Detailed explanation of three holdings on three bows, with various point of view.
- Holding the bow of an Ikel.
- Traditional holding of a traditional bow.
- Mixed holding of a traditional bow.
- Modern holding of a traditional bow.
- Traditional holding of a modern bow.
- Mixed holding of a modern bow.
- Modern holding of a modern bow.
- The 5 most common mistakes made by player of the Morin Khuur, and how to avoid them.
- Advice for the movement of the wrist.
- Advice for the position of the bow to get the optimal sound and playing comfort.
- Various tips and advices to get a better feeling with the bow.
- Practice exercise: Sequenced bow for deep understanding (with guidance and on the lower string only).
- Practice exercise: Continous bow (lower string only).
- Practice exercise: Sequenced bow for deep understanding (with guidance and on all strings).
- Practice exercise: Continous bow (all strings).
You will also have the opportunity to replay the various exercises included in the lessons by using the video chapters.